If you’re having trouble connecting your device to your robot:
- Make sure the robot is on by pushing the red button on its belly. A red light will appear to indicate that it is on. If your robot’s light does not turn on when you push the power button, let it charge for a half hour, then try again.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your device.
The app says “looking for nearby robots” but never finds your robot:
- Make sure your robot is turned on by pushing the red button on the bottom. The robot will light up red to indicate it is on.
- If that doesn’t work, you may need to manually enable the Location permission in your device. Open the Android Settings app, and then go to Apps > Kamigami > Permissions and turn ON Location permission.
If your robot is on and you have enabled Bluetooth on your device, but are still unable to connect:
- Close the Kamigami app on your device.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your device, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
- Restart the Kamigami app.
- If the problem continues, try restarting your device, and then open the Kamigami app and try again.