Kamigami Jurassic World™ Frequently Asked Questions
Apple: iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 3 or newer, iPad mini or newer, and iPod touch (5th generation) or newer. App requires iOS 9 or higher. (Please note: The iPad 2 will not support Kamigami because it does not support Bluetooth LE).
Android: App requires Android 5.0 or higher and a device that supports Bluetooth Smart (4.0).
Amazon: App requires Fire OS 5.0 or higher and a device that supports Bluetooth Smart (4.0).
Kamigami Robots are rechargeable and do not require any “batteries sold separately.”
To charge your robot, firmly press the included micro-USB cable into the charging port (located in your dinosaur’s mouth). Plug the other end into a standard electrical outlet.
A green light will appear next to the charging port, which means the robot is charging successfully. Charging is complete when the green light turns off. It usually takes 30-45 minutes for your robot to charge from zero to full.
- Download the Kamigami Jurassic World app. You can find it on Google Play, Amazon Appstore or the Apple App Store. It’s free!
- Turn your robot on by pressing the button on its belly. Its eyes will glow green when it is awake.
- Open the app on your device.
- Tap the “Connect” button on the app to start scanning for nearby robots. Your device may prompt you to enable Bluetooth if it is not already on. If that happens, please tap “allow.”
- Your robot — or a “new robot” if this is your first time connecting — should register on the app within a few seconds. If you do not see your robot appear, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device, and ensure your robot’s eyes are green to indicate it is on.
- Your robot’s eyes will turn from red to green when it is connected.
Yes. First, open the app and connect to your robot. Then, on the app’s home screen, hold down the power icon for 1 second. A menu will pop-up. Tap “Reset Robot.” This will erase all your robot’s data, including achievements and coding challenges.
Yes! To communicate with another Kamigami™ dinosaur, face it and press SPEAK.
If your SPEAK icon is locked, you can unlock it by beating the Stealth Challenge in “Evolve.”
Tip: Close the dinosaurs’ mouths, and they will have an easier time speaking to each other!
How to Maintain Your Robot
If you make a mistake while building your robot, you may need to remove some rivets. No worries, because rivets are easy to remove! Follow the graphic below.
Rivets are difficult to reuse, so, once you remove a rivet, we recommend throwing it away. Kamigami kits come with a lot of extra rivets. However, If you run out, contact us at 877-219-8335.
You can clean your robot by wiping it with a soft dry cloth. Don’t use soapy liquid, or submerge it water. (Robots do not respond well to bath time).
Your dinosaur likes to walk on hardwood, tile, concrete and low pile carpet. It doesn’t like grass, tall carpet, rainstorms or swimming.
Probably more durable than you think, but, we wouldn’t recommend tossing them down the stairs or driving them off a table (it might hurt their motors, and it will definitely hurt their feelings.)
On a full charge, your robot should last for 20-30 minutes of playtime.
Hold down the button on your robot’s belly for a few seconds. When its light turns off, it’s off! To save battery, your robot will shut itself off automatically after a few minutes of being disconnected from the app.
Turn your robot off immediately. Dry off as much water as you can, and let it air dry for at least two days. Make sure your robot is completely dry before turning it on again.
This is a bug that rarely happens, but it has an easy fix. You simply need to reset your robot. Follow these steps:
- Connect your robot to the app
- Go to the home screen, and tap the gear icon.
- Click on “reset robot.” This will set your robot back to factory settings (you will lose any saved challenges or programs).
- Close the app and restart it. You should see a picker page. Select Blue or Indo depending on which dinosaur you have.
- The app will now remember your new settings and your dinosaur’s identity.
- Check the battery and charge your robot if it is low on power or dead. If the robot is not dead continue playing!
- If your robot lost connection in the middle of a game:
Rarely, a robot may drop its bluetooth connection. If this happens, your robot’s eyes will change to red, and it will no longer respond your commands. To reconnect, look in the upper right corner of the app, and click the “reconnect” button. You will know you are re-connected when your robots eyes change from red to green.
- If hitting the “reconnect” button does not work, close out of the app completely, and turn your robot off by pressing down the power button on its belly for a few seconds. Then, re-open the app, turn your robot on, and connect.
If you’re having trouble connecting your device to your robot, try the following:
- Make sure the robot is on by pushing the red button on its belly. A red light will appear. If your robot’s light does not turn on when you push the power button, let it charge for a half hour, then try again.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your device.
If your robot is on and you have enabled Bluetooth, but are still unable to connect:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your device, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
- Close the Kamigami Jurassic World app on your device.
- Restart the Kamigami Jurassic World app. Connect to your robot as you normally would.
- If the problem continues, try restarting your device, and then open the Kamigami Jurassic World app and try again.
On Android, the app says “looking for nearby robots” but never finds your robot:
- Make sure your robot is turned on by pushing the button in its belly. Your robot’s eyes will light up red to indicate it is on. Check the app to see if your robot profile appears.
- If that doesn’t work, you may need to manually enable the Location permission in your device. On Android, open the Android Settings app, and then go to Apps > Kamigami > Permissions and turn ON Location permission.
When your robot is charging successfully, a small green light will appear next to the USB charging port. If that light is not turning on, here are a few things to check:
- Is the micro-USB plug inserted all the way? It should “click” into place when correctly connected, and the green light should turn on (it will turn off again when fully charged).
- Are you using the USB cable we provided in the box? Some micro-USB cables may not have a tight fit when plugged into the robot, which will prevent it from charging. If the charging light sometimes turns green when you wiggle the cable, try using a different cable.
- Is the other end of the USB cable plugged into a powered USB port? Some USB ports provide power but others do not. A mobile phone charger or the USB port on a computer should work; some USB hubs do not provide enough power to charge the robot.
If your robot is having trouble staying upright while walking, try moving them to a different surface. Low pile carpet, hardwood or tile is ideal. High carpet, grass or uneven surfaces might be challenging for them.
If your dinosaur takes a tumble, it may have trouble remembering how to run straight. No worries! You can re-center your robot’s heading by using the “Trim” feature in the app:
- Open the Kamigami Robots Jurassic World app, and connect your robot
- On the home screen, tap the gear icon ⚙️ (it’s under the dinosaur’s avatar)
- Tap “Trim.” Adjust your robots center by tapping “left” and “right,” as needed. Tap “run” to test your new heading.
- When your robot is running straight again, tap “done” to save your settings. Your dinosaur is back on course!
We want to help! For the fastest support, call the Mattel Kamigami line at 877-219-8335.